08 June 2009


Sunday morning means church (usually).  The kids and I have not been to a church service since we arrived in England.  Chad, however, has probably been to enough for all of us!  So, we decided to go with Chad and check out Halifax Parish.  Amazingly, we were up and ready to go and even waited at the bus stop for about 20 minutes.  What a change!  Chad vested and processed, while I took the kids to the side chapel which was used as a nursery and sunday school room.  It was a nice space because we could see and hear what was going on in the service thanks to the large glass windows overlooking the altar.

It was strange to me that they had the space, but no workers to keep the kids while the parents attended the service.  So there were several other kids and their parents in the nursery with us.  Caroline and Tucker enjoyed playing with the other kids and the new toys.  Caroline spent a good bit of the morning coloring.  She did such a good job that she even got to use the markers!  Once the service had ended we were all starving!  The closest place was McDonald's.  The kids were happy about it and that was all that mattered at this point.  Now with full tummies and two dinosaur toys from the Happy Meal, we waited (and waited!) for the bus.  It took about 40 minutes for our bus to come so we "patiently" waited at the bus station.  

I must say, it was very entertaining as the fashion trend is the classic look from the 1980's.  It has been a long time since I have seen pegged jeans (with a safety pin to make certain they don't come unrolled), florescent orange, green and pink shirts, mohawks and crazy colored hair, MC Hammer pants, and I must not forget the white boots.  I wish there was a way I could take pictures of these outfits without the people wearing them knowing what I was doing!  

OK, so out of the 1980's time capsule and back to 2009.  The bus ride from Halifax to Mirfield took about 40 minutes.  Tucker had fallen asleep and Caroline was so very close.  We still had about a 10 minute walk home.  Chad carried Caroline and I pushed Tucker in the stroller.  Very soon after we got back to our flat, 3/4 of this family was sound asleep!  I enjoyed some much needed peace and quiet!

No comments: