23 June 2009

So So Saturday

On Saturday we went to Huddersfield for the 20 millionth time!  We wanted to look around the open air market and needed a few groceries.  All four of us went to the market and Chad found a few good finds.  We then went to McDonald's for a quick lunch before Chad took the kids and went home.  This worked out quite well as I was very excited to have some time to myself!

I did a little shopping, but mostly just looked around.  I did get a pair of earrings.  The fashion in this neck of the woods is not exactly my taste, so clothes were out.  I did not feel the need to relive the 80's with neon leg warmers.  It is also frustrating because most places around here do not take our debit cards.  We do not have a chip in our cards so we have to buy everything with cash.  We have probably spent a small fortune on ATM fees.  If we had only known...

I decided it was time to go to the Tesco and get a few groceries.  I figured this would be a fairly simple task since I was alone and on my own schedule.  Wrong!  This was not easy or even remotely enjoyable.  I felt like I was getting dumber every minute I spent in the grocery store.  Seriously, I hope I never have to go there again!  I won't bore you with the details of this trip.

I got my groceries and made the short walk to the bus stop.  I only had to wait a few minutes and then I hopped on the bus and went to the first available seat which was towards the back.  Once we neared my stop, I stood up.  I did not press the "stop" button because there was still one stop before mine.  Apparently the bus driver thought I was getting off and stopped before I was ready to get off.  He then looked at me and asked me if I was getting off.  I told him that I was the next stop and he fussed at me for standing up too soon.  Once I got home, I came inside, put the groceries down and informed Chad that I was over it and ready to go home!  It's been fun, but I am ready to have my own car and drive to the grocery store myself.

No comments: