12 February 2010

Jailbreak!

It's a sad day in the Krouse house! I put Tucker in his crib for a morning rest, not a nap, just a break so I could at least brush my teeth in peace. Before I even had toothpaste on my toothbrush I saw a little boy running down the hall towards me saying, "I did it Mommy! I did it!" Yes, he had escaped. The day had finally come when he could climb out of his crib on his own. Oh, how I've been dreading this day.

I put him back in his crib to see how he did it and sure enough, he knew exactly what he was doing, as if he had been planning this escape for months. He was so proud. I knew this day would come sooner than later, but I still wasn't prepared. Nap time was a completely different scene. I put Tucker in his crib about four times which resulted in four escapes. At one point, I got up and walked into the kitchen and heard the little pitter patter of feet running back to safety. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the blonde head go back into his room. Finally, once Chad came home and threatened a spanking, Tucker gave in and went to sleep.

No comments: